Charwin Diver Down Versatility Trophy Rules
GMHR,Am/Can/CACIB/Mex Ch, OTCh Charwin Diver Down,UDX3, ASCA/Mex/UKC CDX, Can UD, RE, OA, NAJ, CGC, WCQ, SH, HR, ROMX, HOF, CGN
Nature of the Award
- As evidenced by his many titles, GMHR, Am/Can/FCI/Mex Ch, OTCh Charwin Diver Down, UDX3,Can UD, ASCA/Mex/UKC CDX, RE, OA, NAJ, NAP, NJP, WCQ, SH, HR, ROMX, HOF, CGC, CGN was a dog of extraordinary and varied accomplishments. This Versatility Trophy is offered in honor of Diver's accomplishments.
- The CCRCA Versatility trophy is awarded to the Curly-Coated Retriever who demonstrates versatility through a career of achievement in various disciplines as detailed below.
- When the trophy is earned, it will be acknowledged at the National Specialty in the year it is awarded and in the appropriate issue of The Commentator.
- This award consists of a commemorative trophy with a permanent plaque to each winner.
- Any Curly-Coated Retriever registered with the American Kennel Club shall be eligible for this trophy, provided the dog’s owner is a member in good standing with the AKC and the CCRCA.
- Any person may nominate any eligible animal, including his or her own, for consideration for this award.
- Nominations for the award shall be made in writing to the Rotating Trophies chair and shall be accompanied by a list of the accomplishments responsible for the animal being nominated.
- Nominations can be submitted at any time once the requirements have been completed.
- This trophy will be awarded when an individual Curly-Coated Retriever has accumulated 500 points in the prescribed combination.
Points shall be awarded according to the following schedule.
Except where noted, competition must take place in the United States or Canada.
- There is no specific timeframe for completion of the requirements.
The trophy will be awarded when 500 points have been earned.
All names will appear on the permanent trophy.
Each dog will be honored with an individual trophy.
This is not a rotating trophy and will not be passed from winner to winner as it may be years between it being awarded.
It will be displayed each year at the National Specialty.
- Only 20% of points (100 points) can come from conformation.
- Only 40% of points (200 points) can come from field events.
- Only 40% of points (200 points) can come from performance events (obedience, agility, rally).
- Points are cumulative; that is, an animal may earn points for each pass toward a JH and on top of that the points for completing the title itself.
- Points awarded for WC, WCX, or WCQ must be earned by having qualified at a stand alone WC test offered by the CCRCA or any other retriever breed club.
|5-10 Point Level|
|Major wins and BOB (must be a major in class competition or 4 or more specials to qualify)||5 points each|
|Novice obedience, novice agility, and rally novice legs||5 points each|
|JH (or Beginning NAHRA or HRC tests)||5 points/pass|
|Title for any of the above||10 points|
|10-15 Point Level|
|Foreign Championships and Obedience Title||10 points|
|Obedience titles earned outside of U.S. and Canada||10 points|
|Group 2, 3, or 4 placement||10 points each|
|Open obedience, open agility and rally advanced and excellent legs||10 points each|
|SH (or Intermediate NAHRA or HRC tests)||10 points each/pass|
|WCX||10 points each|
|Title for any of the above||15 points each|
|15-20 Point Level|
|Utility obedience, excellent agility and rally advanced/excellent legs||15 points each|
|MH (or Advanced NAHRA or HRC tests)||15 points/pass|
|AKC or CKC licensed trial Derby placement or JAM||15 points|
|AKC or CKC licensed trial Qualifying placement or JAM||20 points|
|Title for any of the above||20 points|
|Group 1||20 points|
|25-60 Point Level|
|Master National, NAHRA "RAW" or HRC Grand Hunt pass||25 points|
|Grand Master Hunter, (GRMH), Grand Hunting Retriever Champion (GRHRCH) title||30 points|
|AKC or CKC licensed trial Open placement or JAM||30 points|
|Best in Show||50 points|
|Obedience High in Trial||50 points|
|AKC or CKC field title (FC, AFC, FTCH, AFTCH)||50 points|
|National Field Champion (NFC), National Amateur Field Champion (NAFC)||60 points|
Responsibilities of the Rotating Trophies Committee
- The Rotating Trophies committee shall review nominations, seek to verify all reported accomplishments, and determine winner by using the rules in this motion.
- The Rotating Trophies committee chair shall forward all information acquired to the person in charge of the club's awards by March 1.
- The Rotating Trophies committee shall arrange for getting the trophy engraved and a plaque shipped to the winner(s).
- The trophy is owned by the CCRCA.