Field Trophy Rules
- Nature of the Award
- The CCRCA Field trophy shall be awarded to the Curly-Coated Retriever judged to have been the most outstanding in fieldwork during the preceding calendar year.
- The trophy will be awarded at the annual Specialty of the CCRCA.
- Any Curly-Coated Retriever registered with the American Kennel Club, Canadian Kennel Club, United Kennel Club, or other generally recognized national registry in the United States and whose owner is a member in good standing of the Curly-Coated Retriever Club of America.
- The trophy shall be awarded for field accomplishments in the United Sates and/or by an animal owned in the United States for accomplishment outside the United States (such as in CKC competition).
- An animal is eligible to repeat as winner, but only accomplishments during the calendar year in question shall be considered in determining each year's winner.
- Any person may nominate any eligible animal, including his or her own, for consideration for this award.
- In an attempt to insure completeness of coverage, the chair and members of the Field Committee will nominate all animals they know to be eligible who have field accomplishments of note during the year.
- Nominations for the award shall be made in writing to the chair of the Field Committee and shall be accompanied by a list of the accomplishments responsible for the animal being nominated.
- Nominations shall be in the hands of the Field Committee by January 15.
- Responsibilities of the Field Committee Chair
- The Field Committee chair shall see that a timely call for nominations is published in the "Curly Commentator".
- The chair shall poll the committee membership for nominations.
- The chair shall seek to verify all reported accomplishments, and in doing so, may ask the nominators, owner, or any others deemed appropriate for evidence verifying the reported accomplishments.
- The chair shall forward all information acquired to the secretary of the CCRCA and to the person in charge of the Club's awards by March 1 so that presentation of the award may be made at that year's Specialty. If the Specialty shall be scheduled before March 15, earlier notification shall be given.
- The animal earning the highest number of points during the calendar year shall be judged the winner. Points shall be awarded according to the following schedule:
|JH (or Beginning NAHRA or HRC tests), each pass||5 points|
|NAHRA HR, each pass||7.5 points|
|SH (or Intermediate NAHRA or HRC tests), each pass||10 points|
|MH (or Advanced NAHRA or HRC tests), each pass||15 points|
|JH, SH, or MH (or equivalent NAHRA or HRC) title||10 points|
|Master National, NAHRA "RAW" or HRC Grand Hunt pass||25 points|
|Grand Master Hunter, (GRMH), Grand Hunting Retriever Champion (GRHRCH) title||30 points|
|AKC or CKC licensed trial Derby placement or JAM||15 points|
|AKC or CKC licensed trial Qualifying placement or JAM||15 points|