CCRCA Rescue and Referral is dedicated to placing or assisting with the placement of any CCR in need of a home and to finding an appropriate, good home where the CCR will be lovingly cared for and appreciated and where the CCR will enjoy a quality of life befitting the breed. The Chairman of the Rescue and Referral Committee will be considered the central contact for all reports of and regarding Curly-Coated Retrievers who are in need of homes in the United States. This person with the assistance of committee members will be the liaison between the home, foster-home, or shelter the dog is in and between all applicants wishing to adopt a rescue or referral dog. The Chairman will refer to and follow the CCRCA RESCUE AND REFERRAL GUIDELINES document approved by the CCRCA Board of Directors March 1, 2002.
- To submit to the Board by July 1, a bi-annual report of accomplishments for 1st half.
- To submit to the Board by Feb. 1, names of each committee member, goals for the upcoming year, and a bi-annual report of accomplishments for 2nd half.
- To keep a list of all CCR’s needing homes in the United States with specific information regarding each dog.
- To send and receive applications to and from anyone who wishes to adopt a rescue or referral CCR.
- To attempt to match an individual rescue dog with the most suitable applicant and to place a rescue CCR in the most appropriate home for that dog.
- To refer those homes that appear compatible with a referral CCR to the owner or breeder of the referral CCR.
- To report in each issue of THE CURLY COMMENTATOR, a list and description of available rescue and referral CCR’s, an update on rescue and referral CCR placements, a review of Rescue and Referral Committee activity and information on Rescue fundraisers.
- To provide a list of CCR’s available for adoption to the Recording Secretary for inclusion in the Club’s Breed Information Packet.
- To provide a report of available rescue and referral CCR’s for the Club website.