CH Karakul Titan Top Owner Handled Dog of the Year Rules
- Nature of the Award
- A rotating trophy, the CCRCA Owner Handled Dog of the Year Trophy shall be Awarded annually to the top curly-coated retriever owner-handled dog in the AKC Owner-handled Series for the prior qualifying year period as published by the AKC. (Usually 2nd week in October to second week in October the following year). In case of a tie, the dog with the highest number of owner-handled group placement points will win.
- The trophy will be awarded at the annual CCRCA National Specialty.
- The trophy was sponsored by John Mello and named after Titan (BIS MBISS CH Karakul Titan, ROM). Titan was the first owner handled best in show curly-coated retriever and owner-handled by John Mello.
- The winner must be a member of good standing of CCRCA.
- The winner will take possession of the trophy at the annual CCRCA Specialty Banquet and will return the trophy in good condition at the winner’s expense to the Rotating Trophy chairperson approximately 6 weeks before the next specialty.
The Trophy was established by Motion 2017-07EM. The Trophy is owned by the Curly-Coated Retriever Club of America